Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Sunny days like today get me thinking about spring: blooming flowers and leaves on the trees again, the Easter season, and fashions changing from cozy winter layers, scarves, and boots to sundresses, cut-off shorts, and t-shirts...and that's definitely not the sum of what spring brings.  (For example: currently the elevated levels of pollen and the constantly vacillating temperatures--springy 60's and 70's to chillier 40's--have me sniffling and running to scrounge up tissues every five minutes or so.)  Today was one of those days, though, that was more enjoyable with my job because there was so much sunshine and warmth outside.  It was also an inspiring day--for two reasons. 

Reason #1: Now that spring is glimmering on the calendar's horizon, I get to start re-thinking my wardrobe to make new outfits for warmer weather.  I know that I'm not the only blog writer who's thinking this way, and I'm planning on watching the other writers and my favorite fashion magazines for new ideas and trends.  And there's also that once-a-year occasion of picking out an Easter dress that I'm looking forward to doing in the near future...

Reason #2: A beautiful day such as this one almost demands a soundtrack.  Bright sunshine, vibrant blue skies, puffy white clouds edged with silvery grey, just a bit of a breeze riffling through the air, and the first brave flowers blooming...a scene like that, it needs music.  

Now, I could think of a few different soundtracks that I would use, myself, for today.  


Soundtrack #1: from Pandora.com's online radio, the Gypsy Kings, Paris Combo, or Pink Martini stations.  These are all fun, upbeat, somewhat retro-ish European groups, and with the way that Pandora finds other music that is similar to each group, you really can't go wrong.  Music by these groups is also great to play in the background for parties!

Soundtrack #2: Rachel Portman's soundtrack for the movie Chocolat.  Or...the movie itself.

Soundtrack #3: country music.  Granted, this genre isn't something that everyone really likes, but I've gotten to enjoy it during the last several months.  It's great driving music, and I like that most of the songs I hear on our local country music stations is good-mood-inducing and optimistic.  (Okay, so there are a few songs that I would rather flip to a different station than listen to, but doesn't everyone do that?)  

Here is an *abbreviated* and by no means complete list of some of my favorites...and it must be noted, the kind of country music that I like best is more what one would call "pop country music", as opposed to classic country music.  Personally, I really enjoy the sound of popular current country artists; not everyone likes modern country, and not everyone likes country at all.  I have nothing against the other forms of country music...I'm just a sucker for the current stuff. :) 

Little Big Town
"Boondocks"

Miranda Lambert
"Baggage Claim", "Gunpowder and Lead", "White Liar"

Blake Shelton
"Hillbilly Bone" (featuring Trace Adkins), "Honey Bee", "God Gave Me You"

Luke Bryan
"Country Girl (Shake It for Me)"

Jake Owen
"Barefoot Bluejean Night"

Keith Urban
"You Gonna Fly"

Brantley Gilbert
"Country Must Be Country Wide"

The Band Perry
"All Your Life", "You Lie"

Rascal Flatts
"Banjo", "Easy" (featuring Natasha Bedingfield)

Brad Paisley
"Camouflage", "Old Alabama" (featuring Alabama)

Mongomery Gentry
"Where I Come From"

Lady Antebellum
"We Owned the Night", "American Honey", "Just a Kiss"

Eden's Edge
"Amen"

Carrie Underwood
"We're Young and Beautiful", "Cowboy Casanova", "Last Name"

Sara Evans
"Suds in the Bucket", "Born to Fly"

Kip Moore
"Somethin' 'Bout a Truck"

Hunter Hayes
"Storm Warning"

Trace Adkins
"Ladies Love Country Boys"

Lauren Alaina
"Georgia Peaches"

Chris Cagle
"Got My Country On"

Jason Aldean 
"My Kinda Party", "She's Country"

Rodney Atkins
"Cleaning This Gun (Come on in Boy)", "Farmer's Daughter"

There are probably a bunch of other artists and songs that I've forgotten, but those are the ones that came to mind right now. :)  Give them a listen sometime...these are all songs that put a smile on my face and get me to singing my heart out.  And who doesn't want a smile on their face and a good song to sing?

My next post will include--but will probably not be limited to--a review on a new makeup/skincare product that I've been trying out recently: Garnier's B.B. cream!  I'm excited to talk about that one.  :D

À bientôt!

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment